We have received Hockey Alberta’s Updated return to Hockey plan which includes the following updates:
Based on feedback from our Member organizations and updated information from the Government of
Alberta, the following updates are included in the AUGUST 21 VERSION of the Return to Hockey Plan:
1. A new component has been added to the plan: Modified Competition Season. This can be found in Section 6. The goal is to provide associations/ teams with an opportunity to finalize any tryouts/ evaluations, register rosters and prepare for an eventual return to the Regular Season, when permitted.
2. Clarification of the types of competition allowed during the Development Season component in Section 6.
3. Updated information on certification requirements, clinics and registration for Officials has been included in Section 5. Clarification that on-ice officials are not required until the new Modified Competition Season.
4. Updated information on certification requirements, clinics and registration for Coaches has been included in Section 5.
5. An updated Contact Tracing document has been included in Section 2.
6. Updated requirements regarding the wearing of masks in Section 2.
7. Updated requirements regarding Refunds in Section 2.
8. Recommendation to include a force majeure clause in any future contracts that you negotiate.
9. Addition of the current Return to Hockey FAQ document to Section 3.
Using this updated document, we will work towards finalizing start dates and scheduling for evaluations and forming teams. Our intention is to get athletes back on the ice as soon as possible while following all the guidelines of Hockey Alberta and the City of Medicine Hat. Although “regular season” play is a little ways off, we want to use the time before that to develop players skills and better prepare for once leagues begin.
We want to thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we revise our original plan to meet the updated requirements. We are excited to get things going again and look forward to getting kids back into hockey!
Please review the link below for the Return to Hockey plan from Hockey Alberta.
We are meeting with the City of Medicine Hat on Wednesday, August 26 as they have stated that they may not be opening up all facilities, which then in turn, changes our original plan. We will then be able to make our schedule available to all our members. Please check out the follow links for how the assessment process will look like.
If you have any questions, please email them to email@example.com and Chad Baron, Operations Manager will try to answer them as soon as he can.
Thank you again to everyone for your patience.