- 2.0 Membership
- 2.1 Category of Members: There are 4 categories of Members in MHMHA:
- 2.2 Membership Obligation
- 2.3 Membership Year
- 2.4 Membership Termination
- 2.5 Membership Fees
- 2.6 Rights of Members
- 2.7 Register of Members
2.0 Membership #
2.1 Category of Members: There are 4 categories of Members in MHMHA: #
2.1.1 Parent Members #
To Become a Parent member, a person must:
- be a parent or legal guardian of an athlete who is under the age of 18 by December 31 of the registration year;
- apply for membership through the registration process
- pay the annual registration fee for athlete.
2.1.2 Athlete Members #
To become an Athlete member, a person must:
- have paid, or had paid on their behalf, the annual registration fee for an Athlete participating in MHMHA;
- be not younger than 18 years old by December 31 of the registration year.
- completed and submitted the registration form prior to the upcoming ice hockey season.
2.1.3 Volunteer Members #
To become a Volunteer member, a person must:
- support the goals and objectives of MHMHA
- not be eligible to be a Parent Member or an Athlete Member
- be 18 years of age or older
- make written application for membership to the Board
- there will be no fee charged to Volunteer Members.
2.1.4 Honorary Members #
- a person may become an Honorary Member if the Voting Members at an AGM pass a resolution to that effect in recognition of the person’s significant contributions to MHMHA.
- there will be no fee charged to Honorary Members.
2.2 Membership Obligation #
All Members are obligated during MHMHA activities to conduct themselves according to the Policies and Procedures and By-laws of the Society.
2.3 Membership Year #
Membership year is from June 1st to May 31st of the following year.
2.4 Membership Termination #
2.4.1 Voluntary Cessation of Membership: #
- Any Member may withdraw from membership in the Association by delivering a written notice to the Secretary of the Association, effective upon receipt.
- Any refund requests for voluntary withdrawal of membership shall on be case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Executive Committee of the Association.
2.4.2 Suspension and Expulsion of Membership: #
- Any Member that:
- is in arrears of amounts owing to the Association pursuant to these Bylaws.
- fails to comply with these Bylaws or the Rules and Regulations of the Association; or
- is guilty of misconduct deemed detrimental to the welfare of the Association by the Executive Committee.
may be suspended or expelled from the Association by a two-thirds (2/3rd) vote of the Executive Committee.
- Any member of the Association who commences any type of legal or court action against the Association will be immediately suspended from all Member privileges, including ice time privileges, until the legal or court action is resolved. The suspension shall also apply to that Member’s parents and legal guardians and siblings who are also players within the Association.
- A suspended or expelled Member shall thereafter be entitled to no membership privileges or powers, including voting rights and on-ice privileges, until reinstated by a two-thirds (2/3rd) vote of the Executive Committee.
- Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, a suspension of membership shall be effective immediately following the approval of the Executive Committee.
- Suspended individuals shall have an opportunity to appear before the Appeals Committee prior to expulsion.
- The decision of the Executive Committee regarding membership suspension and expulsion, subject to any rights of appeal, is final.
2.5 Membership Fees #
- Membership Fees for the Association shall be set at first Board of Directors meeting following the Annual General Meeting.
- The Board will set fees and dues for each age division on an annual basis and may amend same from time to time as the Board deems necessary in its sole and unfettered discretion.
- An Early Bird Rate be approved by the Board of Directors when rates are paid during the time period of June 1st-June 30
- Fees are payable on or before August 31st, prior to the commencement of the Season.
- Non-payment of Fees in respect of a Participant may result in the suspension or expulsion of the Member(s) related to such Participant pursuant to Section 2.4.2 of these Bylaws.
2.6 Rights of Members #
- All members, who are in good standing, may attend any General or Special Meeting of MHMHA and may upon being recognized by the Chair of the meeting, speak to any issue properly placed on the agenda.
- All members, who are in good standing, may vote at any General or Special Meeting of MHMHA.
- For greater clarity, no Member, regardless of membership class, shall be entitled to more than one vote at any General or Special Meeting of MHMHA.
2.7 Register of Members #
The Association shall keep and maintain a register of all current Members in accordance with the Act and otherwise in accordance with reasonable recordkeeping practices.