Welcome to another hockey season!!!
My apologies for taking so long to communicate with you all but there were 2 main reasons:
1. My email@example.com and team snap were not functioning correctly until today
2. I did want to make sure that we would be allowed to play and I wanted to know under what set of rules. Now that being said, I know that the city is putting out new rules on facilities (I believe tomorrow) and we will see how that will affect us.
But for now:
1. Our upcoming icetimes are:
– Sunday Oct. 3rd, 7:30pm – 9:00pm @ the FLC (All players will be at this ice session)
– Thursday Oct. 7th, 9:00pm – 10:00pm @ Co-op Place & @ Hounds (Players may be split up)
– There will be NO icetimes on the Thanksgiving weekend
2. Please bring a LIGHT coloured & DARK coloured jerseys to all upcoming sessions
3. I’m extending the early bird registration ($700) for now as we still want to give opportunity to many others to join our league. Please encourage as many others to join. Our plan is to hopefully have 2-3 ice sessions per week during the season. For now, we will skate and play some mini games until we know exactly how many players we will have. Our hope is to create 3-4 equal teams (depending on numbers) for our season. Let’s see if we can get there. Regardless, this is our league and we will make the most of any situation in front of us.
4. I’m usually not too quick at getting back people via email due to the numerous email addresses that I have to monitor. If you need an answer quicker, please text me on my cell (403-580-1355). If I’m not with patients, I’ll do my best to get back to you ASAP
That’s all for now.
Hope to see you all on Sunday,
Nick Douvis (U18 City League Director