4.2 CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS #
- I will not force my child to participate in hockey.
- I will remember that my child plays hockey for his or her enjoyment, not mine.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflict without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will teach my child that doing one’s best is as important as winning so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of the game.
- I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and hard.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a game.
- I will remember that children learn by example. I will applaud good plays and performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
- I recognize officials are being developed in the same manner as players and will be supportive of their decisions during games.
- I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from the hockey environment.
- I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteers who give their time to hockey for my child.
*All parents must fill out and sign Parent Pledge found in 9.1 Appendix A
4.3 CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PLAYERS #
- I will play hockey because I want to, not because someone else wants me to.
- I will play by the rules of hockey and in the spirit of the Game.
- I will control my temper, so I do not spoil the activity of everyone.
- I will respect my opponents.
- I will do my best to be a true team player.
- I will remember that winning isn’t everything – that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are also important.
- I will acknowledge all good plays and performances – those of my team and my opponents.
- I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help me. I will accept their decisions and show them respect.
*All players must fill out and sign Player Pledge found in 9.2 Appendix B
4.4 CODE OF CONDUCT FOR COACHES #
- I will be reasonable when scheduling games and practices remembering that young athletes have other interests and obligations.
- I will teach my athletes to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials, opponents and Teammates.
- I will ensure all athletes receive equal instruction, discipline, support and appropriate, fair playing time.
- I will not ridicule or yell at my athletes for making mistakes or for performing poorly. I will remember that children play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
- I will make sure that equipment and facilities are safe and match the athlete’s ages and ability.
- I will remember that children need a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example.
- I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
*All coaches must fill out and sign Coaches Pledge found in 9.3 Appendix B